Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Avian Sightings


The rain finally ended and the sun came out full blaze. I started my day with a soak in the newly fixed hot tub and looking up at the beautiful blue sky I saw two Baltimore Orioles. What a gift! So orange in the morning sky, and they had a lovely song to boot.
Altho I didn't  have my camera in the tub, I found this image to share.
We have a lot of great birds in our trees. Besides robins, sparrow and nuthatches, we have pileated woodpeckers.
 They have a call that makes you think you're in the Amazon. Great big birds, about the size of a crow.
Here's our fave birdy friend, the tufted titmouse.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those great big wood peckers too. I was shocked how big they were the first time I saw one. There are Barr Owls that live in the neighborhood and they are wonderful in keeping down the pigon and rodent populations. They can make quite a racket though in the middle of the night outside my bedroom window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the pileated woodpeckers here too. They do have quite a screech don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to see Baltimore Orioles on our farm in Saskatchewan when I was a kid. They made a long hanging nest, so were easy to recognize. I wonder if they still hang out there. Thanks for posting such a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bird names can be so funny.
    In the last while, I've seen bald eagles, a Western Scrub jay, Red Crossbills, several sorts of swallows and a whole heap of LBJs (little brown jobs), but none as speccy as what you've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the pileated woodpeckers here in the Northwest -- they are HUGE! Your colors looks so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:23 AM

    Hello just wanted to give yoou a quick heads up. The text in your content seem
    to be running off the screen in Firefox. I'm not sure if
    this is a format isesue or something to do with broowser compatibility but I thought I'd plst
    to let you know. The style and design look great though!
    Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Cheers

    My homepage; csr racing hack download

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com